Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I want to leave my boyfriend but we had a baby a year ago. Our relationship has completely changed since I got pregnant and I’m absolutely miserable. My boyfriend doesn’t like to help with the baby. He has told me that it’s repetitive and boring. My friends and family can even see how he pawns off our little guy. I’ve mentioned leaving and I feel like he would fight me for custody just to spite me. Is there anything I should do before I leave him? I want to go stay with my family for a bit until I can find my own place. Should I have something in writing that I’m leaving and taking the baby with me?

Asked on 2/17/21, 7:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Not necessary. You should seek a paternity order that includes a visitation plan and child support.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/21, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida