Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I need to provide my soon to be x-wife a guarantee for a claim against my estate for the balance of her alimony in the case of my death. "6.10 Life Insurance. Due to the age and health of the parties, which interferes with the ability of husband to procure life insurance, in the event of husband's death, any outstanding obligation under this agreement, shall become a charge on husband's estate in the full amount of the then existing obligation with a maximum value of $100,000.00 and recognized as a legal obligation of the husband and a claim upon husband's estate. That existing obligation being the remaining alimony to be paid had the husband lived for the duration of this agreement." HOW DO I DO THIS?

Asked on 10/14/20, 2:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Try to buy life insurance with her as beneficiary. As you pay alimony, the premium and amount should decrease.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/20, 3:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida