Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Received enforcement hearing notice last week as the respondent along with DOR. The hearing will be in a few days. Unable to travel since I am out of state. Called court and immediately sent request to be able to call in. They got the request but there was no answer after a week. Follow up call made and told to fax request to another number.

If they do not respond on time then I have to miss hearing. That is unfair.

What are my options?

Responses like, DOR will have my back, or call my office for a consult would not be helpful right now.

Asked on 2/03/14, 2:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If you are out of state and the receiver of child support track down the hearing officers phone number and fax and file a request to appear by telephone. Go to the clerk web-site to get the number. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Read more
Answered on 2/04/14, 2:56 am
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

What about DOR would you expect to be fair? They are the Gestapo. Call the Hearing Officer direct ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/14, 5:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida