Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I was recently divorced, ( very bitter ) house was sold and the agreed amount of equity was divided at closing.

Mortgage company sent an additional refund of over payment and balance on escrow ( 2 different checks / amounts).

other party never paid mortgage or was not living in the property. only then contributed a percentage after dissolution agreement was signed. (a percentage of mortgage for less than 4 months). Other party is requesting equal of the refund.

If i received a refund from my escrow, isn't that a refund of services i never received ( taxes and home owners insurance). if other party did not contribute, or at a very small amount do they have a right to the escrow refund?

Asked on 2/11/20, 1:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Without reading the agreement no-one can answer properly. If nothing is written and you paid the escrow, i believe you would be entitled to its reimbursement.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/20, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida