Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I was involved in a car accident almost 2 years ago. Neither driver was found at fault, neither of us were ticketed. The other driver is suing me for the damages to her car. I would like advice on how to respond to the letter I received. I am on disability and own nothing but an old minivan. I would like advice on how to respond to this please. Non judgemental advice

Asked on 4/23/20, 7:43 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Refer this to your insurance company immediately.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/20, 8:01 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Agree your insurance company should be responding. If no suit filed, you should provide them your insurance info so that they can contact your carrier as well. Act quickly prior to suit so the opposing attorney wont file just because he/she never gets a response. if you had no insurance you likely need to notify the opposing attorney of that now prior to suit.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/20, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida