Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I'm a U.S. citizen married to a foreigner. We met, married, and had our 1st child abroad (the baby is a U.S. citizen). I decided to move back to the U.S. and found a job. My husband's business is still in the country we met, so we planned for him to live primarily overseas and come to visit every few months, while I work and live in the U.S., thus he has a 5-year non-immigrant tourist/business visa. On his current trip to visit, I unexpectedly became pregnant. Now, the situation is hard because I will need him to stay here and legally work to help support our growing family. Would this be a good enough basis for him to adjust his visa status and apply for a green card?

Asked on 6/10/18, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Based on the circumstances, I don't see that CBP would admit him as a visitor again, so I suggest meeting with an Immigration Attorney in your area to discuss filing for adjustment of status now.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/18, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida