Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I want to travel to Houston Texas by car or bus I live in Miami, but I have my passport expired but I have id and residence i am cuban and want to know if I can travel well?

Asked on 1/22/13, 2:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gary Goodin Goodin Law P.A.

Provided you have unexpired lawful status in the United States and carry documentation , the fact that your passport has expired should not be a problem.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/13, 3:29 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You do not need a passport to travel within the United States. However, if you travel through an immigration check point, you may need to show proof of your legal status in the country.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/13, 3:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida