Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Auto Accident/Claim

I was involved in an accident 1 1/2 weeks ago. Another person hit my car mid-way on the passenger side (with her front bumper), causing me to spin into a concrete center median. She was cited by the police. She has not reported the accident to her insurance company. They tell me they cannot act on my claim (her co.) without verification of the accident. They are unable to contact their policyholder. In the meantime, they forced me to release my vehicle so that they could move it to their lot in another city. (It is not driveable.) It is expected that my car will be a total loss. What recourse do I have? What should I expect from the ins. co.? The other driver has state req. ins. (liability). I was not injured, but, have now been without a car for more than a week.

Any suggestions, info would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Asked on 9/10/07, 3:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Friedman Bonifield, Friedman & Leifer, P.A.

Re: Auto Accident/Claim

You should contact a personal injury and insurance attorney regarding your rights. Most, such as our office, will discuss your claim with you without charge. If you have comprehensive insurance coverage under your policy, you can make a claim under your policy and your insurer will seek recovery from the at-fault driver on your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 4:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida