Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Automobile Insurance / Financial Institution

Is there a law that states I have to provide my financial institution proof of insurance? In my mind the only entity I have to provide proof of insurance to is the state.

Asked on 7/19/07, 6:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: Automobile Insurance / Financial Institution

proof of insurance and for what? If the bank has a car loan, then they want to make sure that if the car is totaled they will be paid. Under that scenario they would want to know that you have insurance to protect their interest.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/07, 11:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida