Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

Grandson doesn’t,have his credit rating high enough to get a mortgage. My question is can I buy for him. He has good employment and would qualify for a mortgage with in a year. How is the

Best way to do this ?

Asked on 10/19/18, 1:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Kaufman The Law Office of Barry W. Kaufman

The best way is to not do it. This idea is not uncommon, but is a snakepit of bad consequences waiting to happen.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/18, 1:33 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Do not co-sign. If he misses a payment you are on the hook for life no matter what. Instead, you could purchase the property and then do a lease and rent the property to him with an option to buy using part of the rent as a down payment. That way, if he losses his job, messes up his credit or walks away, then you can sell the property at a profit and keep the down payment towards the purchase. See an attorney

Read more
Answered on 10/20/18, 5:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida