Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I am behind on my rent and was going to move out but my current landlord sent an email to my new landlord where i told him what i could do to catch up on my rent, now I am being denied the aprtment after i had already been approved and set to move in. What recourse if any do i have if any? It seems like I cant move until i pay him his back rent.

Asked on 2/25/13, 1:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The failure to pay may continue to haunt you until it is resovled. A new landlord does not want to take a tenant who has not paid his prior rental. You could try and come up with more money up front in order to make the new landlord have some incentive to take you. At your new locations, did you have a lease signed? If so, the could possibly be enforceable.

Read more
Answered on 2/25/13, 3:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida