Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My ex girlfriend of 20 plus years bought a house together and where living there when we parted ways. We had verbally agreed on selling the house and splitting down the middle. I moved out and she is still living there now although I still pay all the bills and then some and have made the bigger part of the income over the years. I have a ton of stuff there and was taking my time at getting it moved when yesterday i was served with petition to partion with all her attorney fees and any other fees coming off top of the selling of the home before it is split. What are my rights and what attorney should i look into? Real Estate or Family Law?

Asked on 7/16/21, 4:32 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Roemer Robert Roemer

Dear poster,

You definitely need to hire a real estate lawyer who has experience in partition litigation . I can help you work through or litigate the case. If you need help feel free to contact me at 561-502-1297 or [email protected] tomorrow afternoon.


Robert Roemer

Read more
Answered on 7/16/21, 10:51 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Real Estate attorney who is also a real estate broker. I can help.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/21, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida