Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

How can I sue my neighbor above for water leak problem?

We live in Miami FL and we have had a water leakage problem with our neighbor apartment above three times in the past three years. They do not fix the issue permanently and only give us their insurance number. Their insurance company refuse to talk to us or pay any of our loss. The total damage cost us more than $30,000 to repair, and now there is a leakage again which damaged our wall painting. We do not have any home insurance. Now we want to sue them for our loss and for them to fix the problem permanently. Our questions:

1. Which type of lawyer should we look for? Should we go for a real estate lawyer or some other types of lawyer?

2. Is it possible to pay the lawyer on contingency basis?

3. What's the chance for us to win the case and get compensated?

Asked on 8/18/21, 7:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You would need to speak with an attorney familiar with negligence claims. I can help. Feel free to call me at 561 414 7145 to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/21, 2:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida