Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

How do I file a quit claim deed when the other owner has died and the deed states that I have joint Tenants with Right of survivorship.

Asked on 11/23/22, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

If title is really with rights of survivorship then you would need to file a certified copy of the death certificate of the joint tenant and an affidavit confirming this to clear title to whomever you are transferring the property. Better method is to seek legal advice and have an attorney assist you so that title passes clearly without a problem.

Read more
Answered on 11/23/22, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida