Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

attorney for father's closed FL estate (my sister's brother in law) refuses to provide copy of will and estate appraisal at time of death. I believe my sister forged documents that she gave to him when my father's estate was transferred from FL to NYS (where we live).

Asked on 11/07/22, 7:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Have an attorney make the request for you. Estate is closed as in completed? He likely has no obligation to you and that is why he is ignoring you or refusing. Is the Estate active in NY? Was the entire probate moved to NY? Whoever is handling that must have the Will.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/22, 9:39 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

The court should have a copy

Read more
Answered on 11/08/22, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida