Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I hired an attorney to do a summary administration in Florida. ( Assets $30,000) I am in Ohio. One sibling has objected from the beginning and everything in between so it was to be switched to full Administration. Lost the attorney after it was voted on to have her be the PR and then two days later, he asked her to be removed. Looks like I lost the $4800 I paid for legal fees and expenses and no lawyer is interested in taking this case to distribute the savings and sell the car. My question is, I have been making the car payments ( an asset) and the balance is very low, so it was worth saving. If the case is not settled soon, the judge said it will go to the state. What happens to the car? I know if I don't make anymore payments, it would be a shame to have it repossessed when there's almost $20,000 equity in it. If I keep paying on it, in hopes this gets resolved, I am in more debt with no way of getting reimbursed. I have not driven it the whole 8 months except to Carmax for a quote. If the judge dismisses the case because of no resolution and I have spoke with 5 attorneys and none of them want to take this case! What options do I have? Will Probate want the car? Is there a way to get reimbursed directly from the Court? I filed and requested it last week. Any advice would be so appreciated.. I am a widow on a fixed income, so that was all my "savings", sad I know. I am in Ohio, btw.

Asked on 4/27/22, 4:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Sorry for what is going on. You need to file a claim for the payments made on the car. You must find an attorney to represent you. If there are any assets the expenses should be paid from those. The other attorney will be paid from the assets as well. Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/27/22, 4:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida