Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

If your lawyer refuses to discuss your concerns about billing with you and threatens withdraw from your probate case if you do not pay their bill in full - no questions asked - do you have to begin the probate process from scratch with another lawyer or can they rake up where the other attorney left off

Asked on 10/02/19, 6:24 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The new lawyer can take over wherever the case is stalled. The new lawyer may have to charge to upgrade themselves on the status etc. Eventually you are going to have to deal with the bill from the present attorney. Funds cannot be distributed without resolving the lien.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/19, 10:06 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

IF a lawyer can not tell you what they are billing for, perhaps you need to call the Florida Bar and file a complaint. Never heard of such garbage. Sounds to me this is a bully of some sort. I would demand an answer or terminate him from representation and tell him/her that you intend to file a complaint with the Florida Bar for their actions.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/19, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida