Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

If I have outstanding student loans at the time of my death would they come after my estate for payment? What are my options?

Asked on 7/02/22, 3:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Shigo The Shigo Law Firm, P.A.

Outstanding student loan debts are discharged at the death of the borrower. A family member needs to send appropriate proof ( certified death certificate ) to the loan servicer.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/22, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida