Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I'm in probate and it's been over 2.5 years since my father's death, and I am just going to a status hearing arranged by my attorney and I'm not the PR. What all is done in this status hearing? What is a status hearing? I don't think the Judge is going to be happy with the PR, what can the Judge do if he gets unhappy too? Sorry, I only have a High School Deplomia, but I am show time. Thanks A Million, CC.

Asked on 11/26/12, 1:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

A status conference is called so that the parties can address concerns or issue with the Judge. I think you will need to see what happens. The Judge can issue a show cause order directing the PR to do certain things by a time certain or be held in contempt if the Judge is truly not happy with what is going on.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/12, 1:24 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Why don't you ask your lawyer?

Read more
Answered on 11/27/12, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida