Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I’m supposed to be moving into a home with my boyfriend that we built. He paid, and this is supposed to be a forever thing but no marriage. I spent 2 years designing it. He is very wealthy, and the home is worth a lot of money. I do not not am I seeking any of his money. However, I am looking to know how I will be protected from not being kicked out of the home if he shall pass. The home will be left in his trust, which his daughter is in charge of, and his business partner. Neither of which have any regard for me. I do not know how to protect myself and seeking some legal advice before I just move in there with no agreement in place that I can or have seen.

Asked on 1/16/23, 4:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The protection needs to be written into his trust agreement. It is complicated but can be done. Seek help from a trust and estate attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/23, 5:19 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Another method is to be given a life estate in the filing of a new deed. You will be responsible for your expenses during the tenure of your life estate.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/23, 5:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida