Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

My paycheck is being garnished as of feb 2018 by a credit card company who has not even appeared on my credit as far back as 2010. That is the oldest credit report I have. They are also not on 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018. How do I stop without filing bankruptcy?

Asked on 5/07/18, 3:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Many debts aren't reported on credit reports. Garnishments happen after you are sued and lose a court case. That can be decades ago. Judgments last 7 years and can be renewed and grow with interest. Assuming there is a valid unpaid judgment, paying it off or bankruptcy are the only ways to stop it unless there is something wrong with the old judgement.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/18, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia