Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia


Father in law before died had an attorney draw up papers to leave land to son, while alive he had a life estate and we paid him payments. At his death all depts were to be forgiven, attorneys sec. drawed paper work up wrong and put we had to pay dept in full at death then father in law seen it , called attorney to have fixed. The attorney said it had been recorded but he would change the note and that would over-ride the other. Now father-in-law has died and estate administrator is saying we own the money and note does not over-ride anything.

Asked on 3/28/07, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: estate

I think you need to have a new attorney review the whole matter, independently of anyone who was involved.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/07, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia