Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

I was injured by one of my sp ed students. Over 17 months I ended up having 4 surgeries. I settled for a low amount. But now I have come to find out that I was not aware of some of the long standing problems and I am having trouble finding a job. Also, in the settlement contract some of the surgeries were not listed, I asked about this and they said it did not matter. Can I go back and try to get more compensation due to these new events?

Asked on 6/27/10, 1:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Ramos Ramos Law Firm

I am sorry to hear these facts. It does not look good.

When you settled your case, did you remain employed with the employer? If so, you may have a "fictional new date of injury." Are you working for another employer where your duties have made your condition worse? If so, you may have a claim against the new employer.

I recommend you seek the help of an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/10, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia