Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Good Morning , Happy Tuesday! My question is rather complicated . After nearly 30+ years of being hounded , and garnished by the state of New York Support Collecton Unit. It was recently brought to my attention that the child is in no way mine. I want to know do I have any legal recourse that can be taken to stop the garnishments and to recoup the money taken from me over the many years? I've recently started collecting my SSA and survivor's benefits from my wife of 35+ years and have tired of paying for a child that cannot be mine.

Asked on 7/10/18, 7:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Shimberg Shimberg and Crohn, P.C.

That opportunity passed too many years ago. You had plenty of opportunity to raise that defense in te oast. They are judgments that were entered many years ago.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/18, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois