Legal Question in Personal Injury in Illinois

I was walking and was struck by a driver in a company car owned by a car dealership that he was using during working/business hours. Though I don't have any broken bones, I do have lacerations, deep bruising to my left side, and my left arm is in a sling for what may be determined as muscle damage for which therapy will be needed. I wasn't released to work until 5 days later. The question is, who is responsible, the drivers private insurance or the dealership, or both?

Asked on 7/26/16, 8:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Wunsch Law Offices John C. Wunsch, P.C.

Dear Sir,

Both carriers should be notified and your claim submitted to each.

We are available at this time should you wish to discuss.

Many thanks,


Law Offices


(312) 977-9900


Read more
Answered on 7/26/16, 8:39 am
Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices

In Illinois you can't sue insurance companies. Likely both are responsible and possibly there may be others involved as well. You should make an appointment with a personal injury attorney immediately and examine your case in detail to find out what your options are. You are entitled to all your loss wages, medical bills (regardless of whether paid for by your health insurance, if any), all out of pocket expenses and other losses as they may apply.

If you need help in finding a competent attorney, contact my office and I can refer you to one.

I hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/16, 8:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Illinois