Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Indiana

Received motion for proceedings supplemental. I do not work and my house has a home equity loan on it. Can they garnish my property?

Asked on 3/07/18, 8:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

If you have equity which exceeds the home equity loan balance, the creditor can have the house seized or sold. Pay off the equity loan and then take their amount owed out of the balance. If there’s anything left, you get the loose change.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/18, 5:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Indiana