Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Indiana

sueing a bar

2 weeks ago my friends and i were jumped on at a club by 20 or more people, when the police came they let them go out the back door no one was arrested, they stole all of our money 2 phones, police station wouldn't let me file a complaint on the officers. one security at the club said that the owner of the club told her thats the niggers, thats us i guess shouldnt have been in here

Asked on 6/16/07, 3:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: sueing a bar

An investigation may establish that the bar owner has violated the state and federal public accommodation laws. I suggest you contact the Indiana Civil Rights Commission for preliminary assistance. (website above) If they are unable to work up the case, then you should confer with an attorney experienced in civil rights litigation. As for the police conduct, I suggest you contact your city-counsellor or state representative for assistance. The police department probably has a citizen's relation department, but citizens always fare better with some backup. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/07, 8:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Indiana