Legal Question in Family Law in Indiana

Is there anyway to get my Childs name hyphenated without the fathers approval?

I believe it would be beneficial for my little boy so he's connected to both families.

Asked on 5/20/21, 7:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

You could have done that when the child was born. To change now, father has to receive at least notice when you file the Petition for Name Change with the court..

Read more
Answered on 5/26/21, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Indiana