Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

Small claim suit?

I need information from my former employer to prove my case. They have refused to pay me my last commission check and my last expense check. Without the expense report I filled out and gave them as well as the worksheets they have used to figure my previous commission checks I feel I have no way to prove my case. When I asked the small claims court clerk about the ''discovery'' process she had no idea. Can yuou please give me some advice? Thanks, Larry

Asked on 9/27/07, 1:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

Re: Small claim suit?

Small claims court does not allow discovery except upon motion and approval of the judge. You should consult an attorney to assist you. If you have a valid wage claims you would be able to plead treble damages and you attorney fees.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/07, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana