Legal Question in Personal Injury in Indiana

personal injury

I was injured on the tennis court of a private campground on 6/30/07. There was loose gravel and I hurt my knee. I've had an MRI and I have broken my tibia and completely torn my ACL. I have to be completely nonweightbearing for 6 weeks, then surgery if the fracture has healed, then 3-4 more weeks of nonweightbearing with intensive physical therapy. The campground is aware of this (they said ''we don't care, we have insurance for this type of thing.''). Do I need to wait until after surgery and rehab before I try and file a claim with their insurance company? What is the best way for me to proceed?

Asked on 7/25/07, 6:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

Re: personal injury

You should hire an attorney immediately to negotiate with the campground due to the seriousness of your injuries! The insurance carrier will deny that the campground is at fault. They always defend these types of cases by saying that if you were watching where you were going, you would have avoided the fall.

The law firm that I am with has offices throughout Indiana. If you need some help, please contact us.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/07, 7:01 pm
Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

Re: personal injury

I would recommend that you hire an attorney to represent your best interests. Our firm takes injury cases on a percentage basis. In other words, we get paid only after we collect money for you. Please feel free to call Attorney Brandy Thompson on Thursday at 1 8667665245 for a no-cost consulation.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/07, 8:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Indiana