Legal Question in Social Security Law in Indiana


My husband has been trying to get SSI for about five years now,he has went through all of the appeals after he was denied. Now I think he is at the last stage far as appealling goes.He has filed with the district court(02/07), and my questions is : is it to late for him to get a attorney for his case? He had one before we moved to Indianapolis from Ill.,but the attorney said that he was to far and droped his case(this was about two years ago),and he has not had one since.I really think he needs one,they just sent him another letter saying he needs to file a brief in support of his appeal within thirty days.I think we need help.

Asked on 5/22/07, 10:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Ssi

It's not too late to obtain an attorney, though the attorney's effectiveness may be hampered by not being familiar with the evidence that developed over the years. Gather all your papers and medical records and make an appointment with a lawyer experienced in Social Security law. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/07, 8:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Indiana