Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I was having an affair with a married man. I gave him my private documents including my immigration documents.

He took them to his house. His wife found the immigration documents and is threatening to report fake documents to immigration. Do I have a claim to sue her for "stealing my documents"?. The documents were in her house, but I never gave them to her, I gave them to her husband. What options do I have? Thank you

Asked on 1/15/19, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

You're between a rock and a hard place. If you are undocumented and someone else has your paperwork you can expect that at some point it will come out in the wash. What documents are we talking about and were they indeed fake?

Read more
Answered on 1/16/19, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa