Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

convicted 43 in 30 Kansas municipal court. I filed an appeal and now classified criminal. (upgrade traffic to criminal) Is that legal to use threat and intimidation so one does not just hand over money they demand. To me it seems plain that this small town has a big business scam operating. Population 5,100, on "cattle call day" I counted around 120 crammed in standing room court room. Many cops searching (wanding) entrants and several new police cars. It impressed me as quite an operation.

Asked on 5/12/16, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It isn't clear what you may be asking. There are limits on what a city may charge for a traffic violation. You didn't say, how you appealed your violation. Some options man the appellant (you) asked a higher Court to treat the ordinance violation as a criminal conviction. According to you, the villain was for going 49+% over the applicable speed limit. That may support the charge of more serious ordinance violations and a few misdemeanors. You should discuss the situation with the defense attorney. If you were Pro Se, perhaps you should at least consult directly with a criminal defense attorney, in your area. It seems that you may have made your situation more serious. If you deny that you were driving more than 30 mph at the time, you will need assistance defeating the prosecutor presenting evidence that you were.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/19/16, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas