Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Kentucky

I am in the state of Kentucky. My son was arrested on a warrant for a person with the same name, by a local constable. A friend of his phoned us, his parents, and when we phoned the jail they would not tell us why he was arrested, or what the warrant was for. We bailed our son out the next morning for $20 and a court date of August 15, 2011. Since he was falsly arrested, the constable did not check his Date of Birth or social security number before taking him to jail, are there any legal grounds that my son would have against the constable?


C. McKinney

Asked on 8/06/11, 8:51 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Having grounds to sue and whether suing will actually get you anywhere are two different things. Go seek a consult with a local attorney. That person can tell you whether it's something worth pursuing or whether you're just wasting your time. They also might be able to at least elicit an apology for the confusion.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/11, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Kentucky