Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Kentucky

In the state of Kentucky if a minor becomes pregnant can the doctors file a police report if both party members are minors and the parents consent?

Asked on 2/04/11, 7:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Depends on the age of the minors. Parents can consent to marriage of two minors under 18, and the court can give consent for marriage under 16. The age of consent for sex is 16. A better route is probably the Cabinet (child services), if the situation is that egregious. They'll get the police/court involved if necessary.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/11, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Kentucky