Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

I have filed an annulment against my husband who is in prison, we have a child together that was born before we were married and also while he has been in prison. On the annulment I requested sole custody. My question is can I move out of state. He is very violent, and I am extremly terrified of him.

Asked on 8/30/16, 11:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

As you have already filed the annulment, you probably need to ask permission from the court to move out of the state before you do as there is a requirement in Kentucky law that you notify your husband you intend to move and ask the court. Based on the facts you presented, you should be able to convince a judge it is in the best interest of your child that you move.

Read more
Answered on 8/30/16, 11:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky