Legal Question in Family Law in Kentucky

Grandparent Rights

If a mother signs away rights and her child is in custody of the state, does the grandparent have any visitation rights or any other rights?

Asked on 1/10/08, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Napier Troutman & Napier, PLLC

Re: Grandparent Rights

If visitation with the grandparent had been established by court order prior to the termination of parental rights, then you have an excellent chance of keeping visitation rights.

If visitation was occurring on a regular basis prior to termination of parental rights, you have an argument for continuing visits afterward, though the chance of winning in court are iffy.

If neither of the above is true, then the likelihood of gaining visitation rights after termination of parental rights is slim.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/08, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kentucky