Legal Question in Employment Law in Kentucky

My unemployment was stopped when my company contested the decision - the Unemployment Office has sent me a letter that I owe them the benefits that I was sent when the allowed me the benefits. Can they do this? Do I have to pay the money back? Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 7/19/12, 4:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

The letter should have notified you that you have a right to appeal the decision. You have a short time frame in which to do so. I suggest hiring an attorney to represent you, since there is not just a loss of benefits but the possibility of repayment on the line.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/12, 8:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Kentucky