Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kentucky

So I live in KY but up until a few months ago I lived in IN. I was in IN for about 8 months. During that time I failed to move my car registration however I did get IN insurance. Due to family problems I moved back to KY. I still have the KY registration but it was expired by that point and I had talked to my insurance company about moving the insurance back to KY but have not actually done so. I was pulled over this morning and because my insurance card was expired but a few days, even though I have paid my premium, I was cited for expired tags and failed to maintain insurance. How do I fix this?

Asked on 7/05/18, 12:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Gowin Bryan Gowin Attorney at Law

Get your insurance agent to write a letter on his/her letterhead that you had insurance coverage on the vehicle you were driving on the day you were cited. Got to the clerk's office and get your vehicle registration updated. Take the letter and your current registration to the court date and the case should be dismissed if everything is valid).

Read more
Answered on 7/05/18, 4:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kentucky