Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Proving income for child support

Three years ago I went to court and my son's father gave altered w-2 and tax papers while lying that he did not work, so the child support was set based on the income he provided to court. No income comes up when checking his SS# for employment, but his business name does come up. Can I have his IRS record supoenaed for court to get his correct income? If I can prove he lied, can he be made to pay retroactive to the last court date. I had nothing to go on except the altered w-2 (very visible). I had an attorney, but asking this question to you tells how that went.

Asked on 9/09/02, 12:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Proving income for child support

Yes and Yes.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/02, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana