Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

i want my son back

In may I was busted doing crack in my vehicle, my son was with me. My ex-husband and his wife took me to court. I agreed to allow him to have full custody. I was given a one year probation period and was to serve 30 days in rehab. In the mean time I was brought back to court and now have to pay them child support. I have talked to my probation officer and will not have to attend rehab so I can try to get a job to pay my ex. Being that I am getting off with the charges what are my chances of bring my ex to court to regain custody now that I am clean. They have two other kids to worry about I just want MY son back.

Asked on 12/26/07, 9:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: i want my son back

I hate to tell you this, but unless you can show the best interest of the child is to be with you, then I am afraid you don't have a chance. Not doing the rehab will work against you.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/07, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana