Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Can my wife legally take my children out of state, without my permission. My understanding when she left, was that she was visiting a friend in the next city, and then, flew out of state. Unexpectedly, because, I didn't know we were having any marital problems .

Asked on 1/30/10, 8:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

You should probably file for divorce here ASAP and the Court will likely order her to bring the children back and not take them out of state again. If you don't file and she files first in the state where she is now, your kids may never make it back here.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/10, 7:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana