Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

How do I transfer my ancestor's property (real estate) in Louisiana to my name if they died in 1986. I have been paying the property. What is the process?

Asked on 5/10/18, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Succession. You will have to open the succession(s) of your ancestor(s) whose succession(s) have not already been done. You can still do it. Just call any local sole practitioner. It is not difficult.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/18, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana