Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

My husband fell down stairs in someone's house. He broke his leg in three places. Can I file a lawsuit on my husband's behalf?

Asked on 7/18/18, 8:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

Sue on what basis?

The mere fact of an injury does not mean there is a legal wrong. To maintain a suit against someone there must be a legal basis for saying someone either did something they shouldn't have done (or didn't do something they should have). In rare cases there might be other basis besides negligence for a suit based on a fall.

If there is evidence of negligence or other legal wrong you may wish to consult with a lawyer. If the property owner had insurance coverage for personal injuries there might be a basis for an insurance claim. Otherwise, the injured party might be best served by focusing on healing. Please keep in mind that this online post does not offer legal advice or substitute for a legal consultation. I hope that your husband recovers quickly.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/18, 7:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland