Legal Question in Consumer Law in Massachusetts

My daughter recently got married and we chose to have a consumption bar at the reception. We were presented a bill at the end of the night with a summary of the drinks. Am I entitled to an itemized bill seeing that the total was $16000.00. That equals 1500 drinks in 5 hours for 200 people. Was told $5000.00 was the first hour.

Asked on 9/08/15, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Skinner, III Associated Attorneys of New England

You should have an attorney review the contract that governed this transaction and advise you. At my wedding, the venue attempted to raise the drink prices just prior to the reception, as a law student at the time, I politely pointed out to them the CONTRACT provisions for the prices and they acquiesced. I find there are a lot of "abuses" in the wedding industry where everything seems to cost double what it would cost if there were no nuptials involved. You should at the very least negotiate this bill down with them in some fashion, and in fact, it might make sense to consult an attorney to look into doing that for you, and perhaps bringing some leverage to bear with MGL c. 93A demand letter.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/15, 10:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Massachusetts