Legal Question in Consumer Law in Massachusetts

had a wedding party planned for Sept. at a country club. Had to cancel. Got hit with a ridiculous invoice we can't pay. They say we signed a contract. They put all kinds of charges on there, including meals, gratuities, administrative fees and taxes to add up to a ridiculous amount of money. It is a nightmare for us, my wife in tears and can't sleep at nights. any help is greatly appreciated

Asked on 7/22/15, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

I'm sorry to hear about this as it relates to your wedding day. Take the contract and the bills to an attorney for a consultation and see what can be done. Typically you would find a liquidated damages clause in the contract. If there is no liquidated damages clause, then the venue likely has the right to sue you for the difference between what you promised to pay them and what they were able to book in your place.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/15, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Massachusetts