Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Massachusetts

I have a judgment against my former employer but he has nothing to fulfill it. Can I convert it to unrecoverable debt and try to write it off on my tax return?

Asked on 2/14/23, 5:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

That is more a question for your tax accountant, but you may want to try speaking with an attorney to see if something can be done. Judgments are good for 20 years, and sometimes folks think they are off the hook after a while and get sloppy. They buy property, they inherit from family, etc.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/23, 5:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Massachusetts