Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

If I’m going thru a divorce as the plaintiff. If I were to say, I withdraw my request for a divorce. Are the court orders currently in place go away too? Are we just back to being married and unhappy?

Asked on 1/03/22, 9:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

You can't withdraw your request for a divorce. However, you may can dismiss the complaint for divorce. Since temporary orders appear to have been entered, you most likely will need to file a joint stipulation of dismissal signed by you and your spouse (or respective lawyers). If the case is dismissed all temporary orders will disappear.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/22, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts