Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

can a collection agency take money from my bank acct without taking me to court

Asked on 3/13/18, 1:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis & Griffor, PC

No. Collection agencies need an attorney to sue on behalf of their client. There is an exception that the IRS can garnish without getting a judgment and of course, child support can garnish you without a new judgment. The child support order itself, is the judgment.

If you have further questions or concerns, contact an experience attorney, such as us at 734-827-1337.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/18, 1:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan