Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

If I started the divorce process in another state- (Florida) and then moved away to Michigan, do I have to start over, and pay a second time? Or, can I just re-instate my original petition?

Asked on 7/24/15, 4:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rochelle Guznack Law Offices of Rochelle E. Guznack, PLLC

If you want the case to proceed in Michigan, you will have to dismiss the Florida case and re-file in Michigan, paying the filing fee.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/15, 4:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan